01 February 2010

defiant little piece of machinery! Take that! lol

Ok, I started the over skirt, then my sewing machine decided to crap out on me. Not quite sure what's going on with it, people have been saying bobbin tension based on my description of what's happening, but I have tried messing with that with no luck. Luckily there is another machine in the house, my roommate's. She claims the bobbin tension is screwed up and that it would do the same thing mine was, but I told her I wasn't having any problems last time I used it, so she said ok. It works perfectly fine, I just won't be able to do the fancy stitch I used on the underskirt to put a bit of decoration where I completely attached the waistband.

Well, so far I have put all the panels together. It is only 6 full panels because it is open front (obviously). What I did do though, because of the way I cut my panels out, took one of the sets of half-panels, and attached one half to each side of the front, and am going to trim and finish them down to about 4 1/2" wide, that is where the little hearts will go. I'm hoping to get to that tomorrow, and hopefully the waistband as well.



I am not leaving it floor length, but I may not take it up as much as I had originally planned. Idk, we'll see....

On a relatively related topic....I had messaged the girl about my hat for that sunday, and she messaged me back saying she's hoping to ship it out tomorrow (I asked so I could know when to keep an eye out for it). Well, just a little while ago, I got an email from the girl who I am getting my fair bows for that friday and the headpiece for this outfit.....she's planning on shipping it out tomorrow!!! YAYYYYYY!!!! *happy dance* :D

No comments:

Post a Comment